Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mom Blog: An Introduction to Motherblogging

I'm Lory. I have 2 kids, a husband and the bare bones of a writing career. I am an unintentional stay-at-home mom. I suffer from post-feminist angst. Welcome to my blog.

In Scope:
  • Funny stories about my kids and my day(s)
  • Commentary on politics and current events may appear without prior notice
Out of Scope:
  • Stories about shopping
  • Stories about luxury weekend getaways to European spas
  • Product reviews ('cause I can't afford to buy anything)
If you had told me 13 years ago when I lived in NYC that I would start a blog about being a mom, I would have said, “No flippin' way, that won’t be me. I’m not that lame. I won’t have kids anyway!” Actually, I would have said: “What is a blog?” In any case, 13 years later and a continent away – I now live in Europe--here I am with kids, a husband, a mortgage, a Japanese hatchback fit only for scrappage and a blog. Welcome to my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License