Things my children (2 and 5 years old) would like to do over the two-week Easter Break:
|photo by Jeroen van Oostrom|
- Stay in pyjamas all day, eat chocolate for breakfast, ice cream for lunch and ham straight out of the packet for dinner
- Go to the local soft play centre, daily (at 14 bucks each time)
- Be driven two hours to the zoo, in another city
- Sail a boat (the five year old insists he can because he knows how to say, “Man overboard.” He’s never been on a boat)
- Visit the Great Wall of China
- Drive my car to the shop
- Get a pet dinosaur
- Battle an evil transformer
- Meet the Queen.
Things my children will actually do over Easter Break:
- Be let outside to play.
They better get used to it, because it’s pretty much what they’ll be doing for the summer holidays, too.
Happy Easter and/or Passover!